Choose a Coach
Characteristics of a Great Power Coach®
9 Main Functions of a Power Coach®
- Loving Presence (sees the Client and self as faultless/blameless).
- Mindfulness (deep listening and awareness).
- Purity in thoughts, words and actions: keeps all three positive.
- Intuitiveness (what's the real challenge or goal here?).
- Neutrality: as the Client is responding to questions, the Power Coach keeps their own responses neutral - showing neither approval or disapproval.
- Uses The Universal Laws as a basis of understanding human behaviour.
- Allows the Client to develop their own solutions while mentoring if necessary.
- Uses tools which assist the Client in truly understanding what is holding them back from achieving their goal.
- Brings the client to a place of "full power". (Plan and commitment are based on logic plus heart.)
- Expects no outcome or reward: ego is in the back garden, puts the responsibility and accountability in the heart and mind of the Client.
- Follows the CLI Success Triangle which includes coaching self every day to become wiser, more peaceful and more grounded.
- Understands and demonstrates the ICF International Coach Federation Core Coaching Competencies and the ICF Code of Ethics in their daily coaching business.
- Is a student of body, mind and spirit. Understands the connection between the three.
- Creates an "enjoyable" experience for the Client.
- Understands how our patterns of living are stored in the unconscious and uses tools to permanently change unconstructive patterns into positive ones.
- Assists the Client in profiling their strengths, areas of improvement and goals.
- Assists the Client in determining the Real Issue or Real Goal to be worked on that day.
- Practices neutrality, loving presence and mindfulness in order to create a safe environment for the Client to fully explore roadblocks and solutions.
- Selects the best tools and uses a high level of intuition to maximize the learning.
- Facilitates the release of the emotional charges in order to promote nourishment of thinking cells and create a positive shift in thinking. The Client can then tap into their highest creative centres to generate innovative solutions.
- Assists the Client in developing solutions within a Plan.
- Mentors when and if necessary.
- Asks for a commitment to their plan.
|"It is our unconscious that holds the power of a Leonardo da Vinci or an Einstein."|
- Win Wenger, "The Einstein Factor"